Sacrament of Baptism
Celebrated on Sunday at 1:00 p.m. (following the 12:00 Mass). Baptism classes are usually held on the Third Thursday of the month at 7:00 p.m. Please call the Parish Office for details.
Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession)
Saturday 3:00-3:30 p.m. (Reconciliation chapel located off the Day Chapel — not in Worship area) or at any time by appointment (757-1545). Additional times are scheduled before Christmas and Easter.
- First Reconciliation for students in second grade takes place in November. This is preceded by classroom formation beginning in September and a parent meeting in October. For students not in second grade who are still in need of making their First Reconciliation, please contact the DRE at 330-757-1545, ext. 24.
Sacrament of Holy Communion
Check the Mass schedule for opportunities to receive Holy Communion. We offer two daily Masses and five Sunday Masses.
- Communion for Sick or Shut-ins - Please feel free to call the Rectory. We are more than willing to minister to those unable to come to Mass.
- First Communion for students in second grade takes place in May. This is preceded by classroom formation beginning in September and a parent meeting in January. For students not in second grade who are still in need of making their First Communion, please contact Ms. Marnie Kelty at 330-757-1545, ext. 24.
Sacrament of Confirmation for Adults
Celebrated once a year at the Cathedral for adult Catholics who have not yet been confirmed. Contact the Director of Religious Education for more details. Adult Catholics can also participate in RCIA and be confirmed during the Easter Vigil.
- Confirmation for students in eighth grade takes place annually according to the Bishop's schedule, typically in March. This is preceded by classroom formation beginning in September, several additional catechetical sessions, and a parent meeting in October. Individuals in high school or older who have not received the Sacrament of Confirmation should contact Ms. Marnie Kelty at 330-757-1545, ext. 24, to discuss formation and receiving the Sacrament.
Sacrament of Marriage
Couples planning to marry should contact a priest of the parish at least six months before the desired date. Marriage preparation is required. This is Diocesan policy.
Sacrament of Holy Orders
Men who feel called to the priesthood or deaconate need to discern that calling with the help of the Church. If you think you may have a religious vocation, contact Msgr. Connell 330-757-1545.
Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick
Celebrated with Mass twice a year at six month intervals — for those weakened by age, and chronic ailment, or in preparation for surgery. Also, privately upon request at any time.
- Hospital Visitation - Please notify the Rectory if any family member is ill or confined for any reason whatever.
- Arranging a Funeral - Please call the rectory to arrange for planning the Liturgy and setting time for the vigil service and funeral Liturgy. The planning is best begun as soon as possible.
Joining Holy Family Parish
New members are asked to call the secretary Monday through Friday or to fill out the New Member Form. Holy Family is a stewardship parish and we want you to become an integral part of the community. The Welcome Committee sponsors a reception for new members twice a year.
Entering the Catholic Church at Holy Family Parish
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
This ongoing process invites men, women and children, not previously baptized or baptized in another faith, to study and reflect on their spiritual development and growth culminating with the reception of the Sacrament of Initiation which takes place at the Easter Vigil. Individuals who are interested in becoming Catholic through the R.C.I.A. process should contact Msgr. Connell 330-757-1545. Meetings for R.C.I.A. are held in the parish office meeting room every Monday at 7:00 from October to the Easter Vigil.